- I used to email recipes to my girlfriends. Now I email them to my husband. LOL
- My hubby is a better cook than I ever was. BIG smile. It’s like having my own private chef. You should taste his Peruvian chicken. And his seasoned potatoes. And his original soups (yes, he makes up his own recipes).
- I HATE not being able to cook, clean, etc. much, but it’s amazing to see our youngest child helping Daddy cook, our oldest child working to clean or fold laundry with Dad, and our middle child flipping Dad’s tortillas, etc.
- I can call a “business meeting” (for Black Hills Picture Books) spontaneously when I have the energy to think, and he can usually adjust his long “to do list” around it.
- My hubby is not only caregiver of our children/me and business owner with me but also editor of my blog posts, books, & stories. I have others that help edit my books, but I had no idea that I would one day be very appreciative of his editing skills. (I’d like to say thank you to his high school English teacher, BTW.)
- I know that when I am asleep or crashing physically, etc. our children are getting the very best of care! NO ONE cares more about our kids besides me than he does. (Except God.)
- I’m not lonely.
- If I don’t know the answer to something the kids ask, I can always say, “Go ask your Dad,” and they can, right away. 🙂
- We work well as a team together (when I have the energy to help with the house or cooking).
- He understands MCS better than any other non-MCS person that I’ve ever met or read about. THIS IS HUGE.
I am very, very, very thankful.
Christa Upton Black Hills Picture Books PO Box 293 Custer, SD 57730