Disclaimers: I cannot guarantee any results or guarantee that this will work for you. Please consult your doctor before trying this, especially if you are pregnant. Also, my friend is a representative of this company. (But I am not posting this because she is a rep; I’m posting it because it worked for me!! 🙂 )
Over the last months, my tummy problems have slowly increased. Finally, a few weeks ago, despite my chicken broth and daily probiotics, I could hardly digest anything. It was awful.
The next day, a package arrived from a friend, including a new probiotic.
I tried it cautiously, because I have had a lot of bad experiences with “products.”
Well, this time, the more I drank, the better I felt and the more I could eat! By the fourth day, I was literally sipping on it all day and really starting to feel better. By evening, I ate my first “real meal” in four days.
I even went off it for a few days. Sure enough, I began to have more and more trouble digesting food, even while increasing my other probiotics foods.
Here is the science/hypotheses of likely why this is working:
- My tummy problems began to be worse because of accidental exposure to herbicides this summer. (Various problems are increasing the problem over time, especially the last few months.)
- Herbicides can kill off the good flora in the gut (Jockers).
- Probiotics replenish good flora in the gut.
- Therefore, probiotics counter the effects of herbicides (and probably other antimicrobials).
- I do horrible with pills, plus I have this gut feeling (ha ha) that probiotics that are “active” and “less processed” may be better for the human body.
- The probiotics in my other fermented foods contain foods that are hard on my stomach when my stomach/digestion is at its weakest (garlic in my pickles, dill in my kraut, etc.)
- I believe that this new product is gentler on my tummy, so I can take more of it (all day right now).
So, what is it? (Drum roll please…. 🙂 ) Terrain Oregano from Beyond Organics!!! 🙂
It is a cultured herb, and it has organic acids as well as probiotics.
Find it here: Beyond Organic Terrain
Also in the interests of honesty, I tried the ginger, and it was too hard on my tummy (probably because ginger is “hot” kind of like chili). I expect that if I can get into a safe environment and get my stomach stronger, I might be able to do the ginger someday.
Jockers, Dr. David. “Roundup Herbicide and GMOs Destroy the Digestive System.” Natural Health 365. 16 June, 2013. Web. 25 January, 2014. http://www.naturalhealth365.com/dangerous_chemicals/roundup.html
Christa Upton Black Hills Picture Books PO Box 293 Custer, SD 57730